Global Affairs Subgroup
The objectives of the Global Affairs Subgroup are:
- To interact with Young PARE, a working group of the EULAR Standing Committee of PARE aiming to communicate the specific needs of young people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases aged between 18 and 35 years (http://www.youngpare.org/);
- To develop interactions between other Young Specialists Organizations in Europe, such as nephrology (YNP), pediatric rheumatology (PReS), gastroenterology (Y-ECCO), immunology/allergy (Junior members of EAACI) and oncology (YOC);
- To promote the development of a European-wide network of young clinicians from various fields and specialties.
- European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM) – Young Internists
EFIM is a federation of different national societies of Internal Medicine in which all internists in training or in the first few years as specialist are considered Young Internists. The group provides opportunities to cooperate, to exchange ideas and to share experiences and is strongly involved in educational activities.
- Young European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (Y-ECCO)
Y-ECCO brings together young clinicians and scientists working in the field of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. The group organises several workshops, an e-learning platform, literature reviews and stimulates the participation of young ECCO members in the annual ECCO congress, as well as in research and clinical studies.
- Young Nephrologists’ Platform (YNP)
YNP is a group of young physicians, 40 years of age or younger, working in the areas of nephrology, dialysis, renal transplantation, hypertension and related subjects. They are particularly involved in Continuing Medical Education courses and a 9-12 months Advisory Program.
- Trainee group from Paediatric Rheumatology European Society (PReS)
Trainee representative is involved in organising the annual young investigators meeting (YIM) which happens prior to the annual PReS congress as a good opportunity to network with senior faculty. Organising and promoting PReS funded training courses is also one of the main objectives of this group.
- Junior Members of European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI)
The Junior Members section, consisting of nearly 4000 clinicians and scientists under the age of 35 years, is organised with different Interest Groups. Specific activities are arranged during the EAACI Annual Congress, as well as a mentorship programme, educational resources, and access to EAACI Journals.
- Young Oncologists Committee (YOC)
The group is part of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) and aims to create and implement educational and scientific programmes relevant to Young Oncologists in their daily practice and/or research activities. Notably, they were involved in European-wide survey, they developed E-news on a regular basis and Young Oncologist sessions at ESMO congresses.