EMEUNET Post-Doc Mentoring Program 2019
Are you pursuing a great career as a researcher in rheumatology? Apply now to be mentored by top researchers, as part of the EMEUNET Post-doc Mentoring Program. The deadline to apply is May, 14th 2019.
A previous survey from EMEUNET supported the need for career mentoring, mainly focused on career transition, networking and leadership skills. Then, EMEUNET launched the first edition of the EMEUNET Post-doc Mentoring program in 2018, a pioneer activity in Europe that received great interest from the whole community. Now, we are happy to announce that EMEUNET has launched the second edition of this strategic initiative to improve mentoring of early career researchers in rheumatology (post-docs within the first 5 years after PhD).
The 2019 edition of the program is featuring five top researchers as mentors:
- Prof. Francis Guillemin (University of Lorraine, France): Epidemiology, Health Economics, Quality of Life, Osteoarthritis
- Dr Suzanne Verstappen (University of Manchester, UK): Epidemiology, work outcomes, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis (preferably non-clinical mentees)
- Prof. Christophe Richez (University of Bordeaux, France): Clinical and Translational, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Prof. Margreet Kloppenburg (University of Leiden, The Netherlands): Clinical and Translational, Aetiology of Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prof. Timothy Radstake (University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands): Translational Immunology, basic sciences, systems biology, systemic sclerosis
What is it about?
- Possibility to be mentored on subjects such as: how to lead a project/ build a network/ evolve into senior researcher/ career advice and development by an external mentor
How is the program structured?
- Duration:12 months, starting with a face-to-face meeting at the EULAR 2019 Congress in Madrid, Spain.
- Communication: Variable, depending on the mentor-mentee arrangements, but will either be by face-to-face meetings during congresses and/or phone/skype/email contact.
- Mentoring plan will be agreed upon in the beginning between the mentee and mentor with the help of EMEUNET colleagues. A specific form to guide the mentoring will be provided.
How to apply?
Please complete the application form attached and send it with your CV, including a list of publications, before May, 14th 2019 to email@example.com.
Application form: Click here to download.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to be mentored by leading experts and apply!